2. When you risk becoming an artist, you risk taking your talent seriously.
3. The test of literature is, I suppose, whether we ourselves live more intensely for the reading of it. - Elizabeth Drew
4. Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don't believe that only art matters, I do belive in Art for Art's sake. - E. M. Forster (1879 - 1970)
5. Another unsettling element in modern art is that common symptom of immaturity, the dread of doing what has been done before.
6. Illusions are art, for the feeling person, and it is by art that you live, if you do.