Tuesday, June 30, 2009

GREAT ART QUOTES


1. Art, like morality, consists in drawing the line somewhere.
- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
2. Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.
- Gilbert Keith Chesterton
3. I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for. - Georgia O'Keeffe
4. So I said to myself-I'll paint what I see-what the flower is to me but I'll paint it big and they will be surprised into taking the time to look at it. I will make even busy New Yorkers take time to see what I see of flowers. - Georgia O'Keeffe
5. Art is made to disturb. Science reassures. There is only one valuable thing in art: the thing you cannot explain. - Georges Braque
6. To explain away the mystery of a great painting-- if such a feat were possible-- would be irreparable harm. . . . If there is no mystery then there is no 'poetry'.
- Georges Braque

No comments: