Thursday, January 1, 2009

GREAT ART QUOTES

1. I build a painting by putting little marks together--some look like hot dogs, some like doughnuts. - Chuck Close
2. It is only by drawing often, drawing everything, drawing incessantly, that one fine day you discover to your surprise that you have rendered something in its true character.
- Camille Pissarro
3. Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
- Cyril Connolly
4. "What is real is not the external form, but the essence of things . . . it is impossible for anyone to express anything essentially real by imitating its exterior surface." - Constantin Brancusi
5. Don't look for obscure formulas or mystery in my work. It is pure joy that I offer you. Look at my sculptures until you see them. Those closest to God have seen them. - Constantin Brancusi
6. I am for an art that is political-erotical-mystical, that does something other than sit on its ass in a museum. - Claes Oldenburg
7. Deals are my art form. Other people paint beautifully on canvas or write wonderful poetry.I like making deals, preferably big deals. That's how I get my kicks. - Donald Trump
8. I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues.
- Duke Ellington (1899 - 1974)

No comments: